“There is no such thing as a community without a sense of belonging — and there is no sense of belonging without contributing something to the community.”
Community Service Overview
Community involvement is a core value, from my early Eagle Scout service project, as a paramedic, to my current role as a member of your City Council, I believe in participating and finding solutions to issues facing our community.
• City Council member since 2003; Mayor Pro Tem in 2006, 2010, and 2015
• Liaison to the Commission on Aging 2003-2005
• Founding member and past chair of the Emergency Preparedness Commission
The emergency preparedness commission has been honored as a top program and has been showcased as a national model
• Michigan Municipal League
• National League of Cities
• Member and Past Chair of Steering Committee for Public Safety and Crime Prevention.
Hosted the Steering committee meeting in Farmington Hills in 2007
• Beaumont Hospital, Farmington Hills Campus
• Chairman of the Board
• Board member since 2006
• Vice Chair of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
• Research Consultant for the Institutional Review Board
• Farmington Youth Assistance – Board of Directors
• Farmington SAFE (suicide Awareness for Everyone) Chair and co-founder
• Wounded Artists Board of Directors
• Supplying art kits to war wounded recovering in military hospitals as part of their recovery and PTSD treatment.
Prior to serving on City Council
• Eagle Scout:
In order to achieve the highest rank of the Boy Scouts of America a substantial community service project must be planned, organized and executed by the candidate. Ken not only achieved this goal; he was recognized by the State House through House Resolution No. 398 for his project.
• Old Homestead Subdivision:
He has served the Old Homestead Homeowner’s association for over 20 years as its director of Neighborhood Watch, vice president, maintenance director and multiple years as president.
Ken was increasingly involved with the organization, and served as the COHA president in 2002 and subsequently as a trustee.
• We have a great community and I proud to be part of such a vibrant community. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about your leadership options.